Business Development Manager – Foodservice – New York City
Role Title: Business Development Manager – Food Service – New York City Area
The Oneida Group is a leading global marketer of tabletop and food preparation products for the consumer and foodservice markets. With a comprehensive line of tabletop and food preparation products, we market our products globally under a broad range of consumer brands including Oneida and Anchor Hocking. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small-sized companies in the consumer, foodservice, business-to-business and e-commerce channels. The company operates two glass manufacturing plants in the U.S. and sources a variety of propriety designed tableware products.
The Oneida Group’s vision is to be the leading global marketer of trusted brands in dining and food preparation, recognized for providing quality tabletop and kitchen solutions.
Build productive and profitable business relationships with independent restaurants and hotels in the Tri-State area including New York City.
- Analyze the business and develop market plans
- Identify competitive opportunities and risks within the market and act decisively to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risk
- Contribute to New Product opportunity identification for independent operators
- Develop conceptual business-building propositions that add value to operator beyond price driven product solutions
- Build new installation business with the millions of restaurants and hotels in the Tri-State area
- Target end users and distributors in the foodservice industry
- Develop customer relationships with operators, chefs, and other influencers/decision makers to drive strategic growth
- Penetrate operator customers to truly understand their wants and needs
- Responsible for face-to-face execution of Sales & Marketing strategies to grow the total business (profitable growth)
- Attain or exceed sales plan and financial objectives
- Develop a robust pipeline of opportunities and report in through the designated process
- Make sound financial decisions related to trade investment and selling expenses
- Work with the Foodservice Marketing team to participate in strategy building, monthly forecasting, sales planning, and other initiatives demanding sales input and involvement
- Provide market intelligence to internal stakeholders
- Usage of new sales management processes/tools (including call reports post end user engagement)
- Collaborate with Sales Director, Foodservice Marketing, Customer Service and Customer Marketing as needed
Location: New York City Area
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please contact us at HRServices@theoneidagroup.com.
- Background in sales, or restaurant/hotel operations, or culinary experience preferred
- Personable & Driven
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Good Organizational Skills
- % of travel is low- most clients would be located in the New York City area
How To Apply
Interested candidates who want to join The Oneida Group should apply via email with a cover letter & resume to The Oneida Group Human Resources Team.
The Oneida Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer