Engineering & Maintenance Manager – Monaca, PA
Role Title: Engineering & Maintenance Manager
The Oneida Group is a leading global marketer of tabletop and food preparation products for the consumer and foodservice markets. With a comprehensive line of tabletop and food preparation products, we market our products globally under a broad range of consumer brands including Oneida and Anchor Hocking. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small-sized companies in the consumer, foodservice, business-to-business and e-commerce channels. The company operates two glass manufacturing plants in the U.S. and sources a variety of propriety designed tableware products.
The Oneida Group’s vision is to be the leading global marketer of trusted brands in dining and food preparation, recognized for providing quality tabletop and kitchen solutions.
Anchor Hocking seeks a results-driven Plant Engineer to support its glassware manufacturing and distribution operations in Monaca, PA, approximately 20 miles northwest of Pittsburgh. Anchor Hocking manufactures a wide range glass products serving several categories, including Beverageware, Bakeware, Candle/Storage, Specialty Food & Beverage Containers, Tabletop, Industrial & Lighting and Craft & Floral. Our products are distributed through multiple channels including OEM, Retail and Direct Sell. We are seeking a self-capable, self-motivated, energetic individual who is excited about the opportunity to participate in Anchor’s efforts to deliver world-class quality products to its customers.
This position will report to the Monaca Plant Site Director. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Monaca facility team, interacting closely and responding to the needs of his internal customers. Some flexibility in work hours is required, as the plant runs 24 hours, seven days per week. Some travel will be required, 10% or less.
- The successful candidate will manage all activities within Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Engineering and Forming Maintenance in the Operations group, insuring a reliable and cost effective equipment and utility operation for internal customers.
- Develop, communicate and drive a vision to accomplish the above.
- Insure preventative and predictive maintenance systems are in place; tasks and required repair actions are properly prioritized and completed to assure maximum system reliability in a cost effective manner.
- Develop and execute cost saving and/or productivity enhancing projects. Provide leadership, oversight and technical expertise necessary for successful implementation.
- Maintain and manage to budget constraints as dictated by varying business conditions.
- Coordinate planned utilities work and outages across the facility to minimize disruptions to Plant Operations.
- Lead energy conservation efforts by developing and executing new projects and highlighting opportunities.
- Insure all OSHA and environmental rules and regulations are adhered to and planned for. Develop a department focus on internal safety issues and solve them. Instill personal ownership for housekeeping in all Maintenance and Engineering Areas.
- Manage and lead the Plant Maintenance, Forming Maintenance and Engineering workforce including recruitment, scheduling, performance reviews, training, and progressive discipline.
Primary Location: Monaca, PA
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please contact us at HRServices@theoneidagroup.com.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and team with all levels in the organization.
- Effective coach & mentor.
- Action oriented, quick learner, self-directed. Demonstrates initiative, ownership and accountability.
- Strong organizational/project management skills.
- Good written & verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Analytical, problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interfacing skills
- Fluent with PCs, office software and CMMS software
- Must be able to perform vigorous physical activity including climbing and walking the plant site
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering or related technical study.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years relevant experience
- Experience supervising contractors and managing contracts
- Experience identifying and executing equipment improvements
- Strong background in a planned, proactive maintenance environment. Experience with Lean process improvement techniques including TPM, TQM and 5S in a union environment desired, not mandatory.
- Experience with automatic glass container inspection equipment and other cold-end automation equipment beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience working in a union environment with multiple skilled trades.
- Experience managing supervisory and engineering personnel. Demonstrable ability to lead technical professionals to successful development and implementation of time-critical productivity projects.
- Desire and ability to provide strong leadership for individuals across all levels of the Facilities Utility and Maintenance organizations.
- Desire and ability to participate in a collaborative team-based environment to support accomplishment of company goals while remaining focused on individual goals and the contribution of the Maintenance Department.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills that allow individual success in a very results-oriented environment.
- Excellent communications & influencing skills in an environment of multiple disciplines and varying skills requirements.
- Organizational ability to simultaneously manage multiple activities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate activities (both wins and losses) effectively at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to motivate others.
- Desire and ability for continued professional growth within Anchor Hocking through technical, business and behavioral accomplishment.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who want to join The Oneida Group should apply via email with a cover letter & resume to The Oneida Group Human Resources Team.
The Oneida Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer