Plant Human Resources Manager
The Oneida Group is a leading global marketer of tabletop and food preparation products for the consumer and foodservice markets. With a comprehensive line of tabletop and food preparation products, we market our products globally under a broad range of consumer brands including Oneida and Anchor Hocking. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small-sized companies in the consumer, foodservice, business-to-business and e-commerce channels. The company operates two glass manufacturing plants in the U.S. and sources a variety of propriety designed tableware products.
The Oneida Group’s vision is to be the leading global marketer of trusted brands in dining and food preparation, recognized for providing quality tabletop and kitchen solutions.
- Effectively manage all HR aspects in Lancaster manufacturing operation
- Drive and Support desired Corporate culture vision & specific Lancaster culture vision
- Deliver ZERO injury culture/mindset
- Serve as a strategic and tactical partner to the Plant leadership team
- Lead Manufacturing Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- Provide leadership and support in functional areas of human resources
- Lead the Plant HR team, support and coach the safety leader
Culture & Capability:
- Assess current state and create/execute plan to deliver company culture vision.
- Deliver drug free workplace and an injury-free mindset culture with <1% total incident rate.
- Create ONE company, ONE team across leadership and union
- Create an organization that attracts great talent. Spearhead efforts to effectively reduce employee turnover.
- Create and lead a culture of continuous improvement
- Identify and deliver leadership capability needs to deliver desired culture and union relationship.
- Ensure 100% understanding of union contract and all policies of leadership
- Ethics, Harassment free, etc. training executed
- Develop, lead and execute plant capability plan to deliver optimal results
- Right people, right roles to enable turnaround results
- Labor Retention – Administer local work planning, performance review procedure, and employment related policies and procedures
- Manage ongoing performance assessment & management
- Salaries consistent with corporate comp strategy and tied to job/scope/performance
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
Labor and Employee Relations
- Create, develop and execute labor relations strategy
- Proactive issue resolution process in place
- Establish a collaborative relationship with local and international union
- All gripes and grievances heard with the goal of resolution prior to second step grievance meetings; all gripes/grievances are heard through lens of union contract and culture vision.
- Conduct workplace investigations and provide daily, face-to-face employee relations support to customers (management and employees) to help promote a positive, productive work environment
Org Assessment and Design:
- Facilitate current state org assessment and ideal state
- Develop transition plan to achieve ideal state results and organization
- Lead and own execution of all design elements to deliver a winning organization
- Enable deliverables of Project Phoenix, talent and capability investment
Primary Location: Lancaster, OH Manufacturing Facility
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please contact us at HRServices@theoneidagroup.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources including manufacturing/union experience.
- Advanced knowledge or Ohio Employment Laws
- Demonstrated management and organizational skills.
- Experience managing labor relations processes such as conducting investigations, and holding disciplinary hearings.
- Experience managing workers compensation claims
- Ability to drive, influence, and partner with peers and at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in Word, EXCEL, and Power Point.
- Must be able to work with highly personal matters and maintain confidentiality.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who want to join The Oneida Group should apply via email with a cover letter & resume to The Oneida Group Human Resources Team.
The Oneida Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer